Leaders OnBoard - for Organizations
A Menu of Services for Franklin County Nonprofits
building board capacities and strengthening our communities
Leaders OnBoard will create a cadre of interconnected leadership among Franklin County nonprofits, offering professional development and networking opportunities for both board members and organization staff.
Leaders OnBoard will also prepare individuals for board service, creating a pool of diverse, new membership, prepared to immediately contribute to your boards of directors.
Connect Your Nonprofit Organization To:
- Increase the effectiveness of your board
- Identify new candidates for your board
- Enhance the leadership skills of your organizational staff and board members
- Get matched with “Board Certified” candidates
- Connect with peers on challenges facing boards today
Leaders OnBoard Member Organizations Benefit From:
- Access to matching and training services
- Unlimited participation in Board Matching through the year
- Referrals to “Board Certified” leaders
- Discounted fees for board members and staff to attend Leadership Pioneer Valley’s Leadership 2.0 series
- Advertise and table at the Leaders OnBoard Annual Conference
- Special Introductory Rate for Founding Members (join during calendar year 2016)
Annual board conference
Boards of Directors rely on members to bring a range of skills and experiences to the boardroom, and this skill base must be dynamic and evolving. Our annual Board Development Conference will happen each fall, bringing together current and future board members, nonprofit professionals, and other stakeholders for a day of learning and networking.
Join us on October 28, 2017 from 8am-12pm at GCC.
Board Matching brings together "board certified" attendees of the Board Basics session with nonprofits seeking new board members. Organizations with board vacancies will register with Leadership Pioneer Valley, attend a Board Matching event, and connect with those looking for the right board service fit. Each event will have several short, structured "interview" periods where those seeking to serve can connect with organizations filling vacancies. Leadership Pioneer Valley will provide formal follow-up to ensure promising matches get connected after the event.
Peer2Peer Connections bring current board members and nonprofit staff, of registered Franklin County nonprofits, together in a dynamic World Café setting. Each event in the series will have a topical focus, aiming to build peer relationships and allow the exchange of ideas on various facets of board work, from fundraising to management to organizational structure.